The Digital Economy Network has provided funding and supported the delivery of Digital Economy (DE) Summer Schools for CDT/PhD students since 2014, following on from national Summer Schools that were previously hosted by individual Doctoral Training Centres between 2010 and 2013.
Five Summer Schools have been delivered in July each year (2014-2018) under DEN Theme 2 ‘Large Scale Shared Events‘, with 338 PhD students benefiting from these national events.
The hosts and venues of the previous DEN-managed Summer School are listed below:
- 2014: Media & Arts Technology CDT, Queen Mary University of London, (held at the University of London Institute, Paris)
- 2015: Web Science Innovation CDT, University of Southampton, (held at Highfield Campus, Southampton)
- 2016: Digital Civics CDT/Open Lab, Newcastle University (held at The Core, Science Central, Newcastle)
- 2017: Embedded Intelligence CDT, Loughborough University (held at Here East, Loughborough University London)
- 2018: Centre for Digital Entertainment, Bournemouth University/University of Bath (held at The Italian Villa, Poole)
2019 DE Summer School Conference:
The 2019 event will be delivered in the form of a conference, the Interdisciplinary Digital Culture and Society Conference (DISCO), which will be held at the University of Nottingham’s Jubilee Conference Centre between 9-12 July 2019.
DE Summer School Videos:
DEN has produced videos showcasing the highlights of the past two annual events (held in 2017 and 2018), you can view these below: