Annual Digital Economy Summer Schools have been running since 2010, and will now form part of the DEN Large-Scale Shared Events theme, with a different CDT or university hosting the residential event each year.
The aim of the DE Summer School is to bring as many different Centres together at once, as well as to engage the wider Digital Economy PhD and researcher community. Summer School programmes will be developed in such a way as to maximise student interest, engagement and collaboration opportunities.
The DE Summer Schools are usually held in mid-July over a three day period.
DEN provides funding of £7,000 to the host university to support the delivery of the event.
Previous DE Summer School hosts:
- The University of Nottingham – Horizon DTC (2010)
- Lancaster University – HighWire DTC (2011)
- University of Oxford – Healthcare Innovation DTC (2012)
- Queen Mary University of London – Media & Arts Tech DTC (2013)
- University of Southampton – Web Science CDT (2015)
- Newcastle University – Digital Civics CDT/Open Lab (2016).
Future DE Summer School hosts:
- Loughborough University London – Embedded Intelligence CDT (2017)
- University of York – IGGI CDT (2018)