Annual Digital Economy (DE) Summer Schools have been running since 2010, and since 2014, have been delivered and supported by DEN, under the Large-Scale Shared Events theme, with a different CDT hosting the residential event each year.
The aim of the Summer Schools are to bring as many different CDT/PhD students together at once, as well as to engage the wider Digital Economy PhD and researcher community. Summer School programmes will be developed in such a way as to maximise student interest, engagement and collaboration opportunities.
These events are held in early – mid July over a three day period.
DE Summer School 2018 Video
DE Summer School 2017 Video
Previous DE Summer School hosts:
- University of Nottingham – Horizon Doctoral Training Centre (July 2010).
- Lancaster University – HighWire Doctoral Training Centre (2011).
- University of Oxford – Healthcare Innovation Doctoral Training Centre (July 2012).
- No Summer School held in 2013.
- Queen Mary University of London – Media & Arts Technology DTC (July 2014).
- University of Southampton – Web Science CDT (July 2015).
- Newcastle University – Digital Civics CDT/Open Lab (July 2016).
- Loughborough University London – Embedded Intelligence CDT (July 2017).
- Bournemouth University/University of Bath – Centre for Digital Entertainment (July 2018).
Future Summer Schools:
- Digital Economy Network Summer School 2019 – in collaboration with the Intelligent Games & Game Intelligence (IGGI) CDT, University of Nottingham, 9-12 July 2019.