DEN is delighted to fund and announce the Digital Economy Diversity Network, which will be launched at the DE Summer School, which takes place 3-6 July 2017 at Loughborough University London’s Postgraduate Campus at the East-London located Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park.
The diversity network has been set up to help foster long-term engagement between Digital Economy PhD students through regular diversity working group meetings , held every 3 months, hosted at and by a different DEN CDT each time.
You can view the website at: https://openlab.ncl.ac.uk/fempower.tech/digital-economy-diversity-network/
This idea came about from a proposal submitted by CDT students Angelika Strohmayer, Janis Meissner (both of Open Lab – Newcastle University), Manu Bruggemann (Lancaster University) and Astrid Bin (Queen Mary University of London). The idea was then tabled and discussed by a group of PhD students and CDT staff (chaired by Manu) at the Digital Economy Network Annual Meeting at the Digital Catapult Centre in London on 1 February 2017.
The aims of the DEDN are to:
- promote diversity, equality, and equity within the CDTs and their host universities.
- establish an open culture of sharing experiences and critical perspectives on issues of diversity and equality.
- encourage the exchange of good practice in regards to diversity and equality between CDT cohorts.
- build links between all DEN CDTs and strengthen the overall network of CDT students.
- encourage cross-CDT exchange across the DEN.
- foster cultural change across the DEN network and within the specific contexts of respective CDTs.
DEN would like to thank Angelika, Janis, Manu and Astrid for submitting and initiating the Diversity Network proposal for the overall benefit of the DEN community.
You can read Angelika’s blog article about the Network at: tripsandflips.com/digital-economy-diversity-network-funding/
For further information – please visit the Digital Economy Diversity Network website, or contact:
Angelika Strohmayer – email@example.com
Janis Meissner – firstname.lastname@example.org