DEN Theme 3, ‘Sustainable Impact’ focused on the provision of opportunities to develop new initiatives to help ensure the sustainable impact of research that emerges from Digital Economy CDTs and related research groups. The aim was to achieve this via the following mechanisms:
- The Digital Young Entrepreneurs Scheme (YES) and related events which offered practical workshops and training in innovation, entrepreneurship and potential digital research commercialisation.
- DEN ongoing Funding Calls for Collaboration offering PhD students, researchers and early career academics the opportunity to bid for collaborative funding to support the development of research impact.
Examples of Activities and Events delivered under Theme 3:
- Digital YES 2015: Say Yes to Digital Innovation at the Imperial War Museum North, Manchester, 1 December 2015 (33 PhD students attended).
- FutureEverything Digital Research Impact Lab, Jubilee Conference Centre, University of Nottingham (25 PhD Students attended).
- 2-day Entrepreneurship Workshop and Competition at the Digital Catapult Centre, London, 19-20 September 2017 (41 PhD students from across 11 universities attended).