The sharing best practice theme builds on recommendations from the 2012 Research Councils UK CDT Impact Review by establishing mechanisms to increase collaboration and communication across the Digital Economy Theme.
Aims and Objectives: –DEN activities within this theme aim to:
- Build a repository of best practice in the area of CDT delivery to be used to support new and existing Digital Economy CDTs.
- Develop mechanisms to support community building between postgraduate research students in the Digital Economy Theme.
- Provide feedback on the CDT model which can be used by funders and policy makers to shape the future direction of UK postgraduate research training.
- Hold events and meetings that facilitate the sharing of best practice and knowledge across the Network e.g. the Annual DEN All-hands Meeting for CDT staff and students, CDT Directors Meetings and CDT Managers/Administrators Meetings.
DEN Deliverables so far:
- 5 x DEN Annual Meetings (all-hands) in London (2014-2018)
- 4 x annual CDT Directors Meetings (2015-2018)
- 8 x bi-annual DEN CDT Managers/Administrators Meetings (2015-2018)
- Assignment of a DEN Social Media Specialist/Advocate (0.1 FTE) to share expertise, advice and good practice across the network.
- 3 x meetings of the Digital Economy Diversity Network (DEDN), which was launched in July 2017. Meetings held in Newcastle (22 Sept 2017), Southampton (12 Jan 2018) and Nottingham (23 March 2018).