The sharing best practice theme builds on recommendations from the 2012 Research Councils UK CDT Impact Review by establishing mechanisms to increase collaboration and communication across the Digital Economy Theme.
Aims and Objectives: –DEN activities within this theme aim to:
- Build a repository of best practice in the area of CDT delivery to be used to support new and existing Digital Economy CDTs.
- Develop mechanisms to support community building between postgraduate research students in the Digital Economy Theme.
- Provide feedback on the CDT model which can be used by funders and policy makers to shape the future direction of UK postgraduate research training.
- Hold events and meetings that facilitate the sharing of best practice and knowledge across the Network e.g. the Annual DEN All-hands Meeting for CDT staff and students, CDT Directors Meetings and CDT Managers/Administrators Meetings.
Deliverables so far:
- 4 x DEN Annual Meetings (all-hands) in London (2015-2018)
- 4 x annual CDT Directors Meetings (2015-2018)
- 6 x bi-annual DEN CDT Managers/Administrators Meetings (2015-2017)
- Assignment of a DEN Social Media Advocate (0.1 FTE) to share expertise, advice and good practice across the network.
- Initiation and funding of the Digital Economy Diversity Network (launched in July 2017). First meeting held at Newcastle University on 22 September 2017. Second meeting held on 12 January 2018 at the University of Southampton.