Theme: Web Science and Big Data Analytics
- Dates: 12-15 July 2015
- Venue: University of Southampton, Highfield Campus
- Website: Web Science CDT
- Number of attendees: 73
The DE Summer School 2015 took place at the University of Southampton from 12-15 July, which was hosted and organised by the Web Science Centre for Doctoral Training and the Web Science Institute. There were 73 participants at the event which was held at Southampton’s Highfield Campus.
Web Science and Big Data Analytics continued the Web Science Institute’s programme of best practice in Web Science and Big Data, and they put together a programme of speakers from academia and industry who shared information, inspiration and the hands-on work carried out in collaboration with Web Observatories during the event, as well as insights into emerging trends and the future direction of Web Science.
The event offered the following activities for attendees:
• Tutorials on data handling and analytic techniques and tools
• Developing researchers of the digital economy – exploration of authentic and ethical research questions and methodologies
• Innovation/ ideation workshops — solving problems with big data
• Entrepreneurship in the Digital Economy
• Mix of seminars, tutorials and project work
• Real life industry applications.
The Digital Economy Network would like to thank Professor Les Carr, Professor Susan Halford and Web Science CDT Manager Claire Wyatt at the University of Southampton for organising and delivering the 2015 DE Summer School.
You can view the tweets from the Summer School using the hashtag #DESummer15.