Jennifer Agwunobi – DEN Social Media Specialist
PhD status: Doctoral/PhD Candidate – Loughborough University London
Research focus: Digital Economy/Entrepreneurship, Wellbeing and Intersectionality
DEN on Twitter: @DECDTNetwork
DEN on Social Media: DEN social media hub
Jennifer is an entrepreneur, writer and PhD Student researching entrepreneurship within the digital economy at Loughborough University London.
After starting her PhD in January 2017, Jennifer’s research focuses on the role that intersectionality plays in the health and wellbeing of digital entrepreneurs. You can find out more about Jennifer’s career, skills and research background via her LinkedIn profile.
Many of you may have already met Jennifer at previous DEN events including writing retreats, Digital Economy Diversity Network (DEDN) meetings, entrepreneurship workshops and also at the 2018 Summer School in Bournemouth.
The DEN Management Board appointed Jennifer as the Network’s Social Media Specialist/Advocate on 1 July 2018.
Jennifer has organised the recent DEN 21-Day Coding Challenge (August 2018) and the 21-Day Writing Challenge (February 2019), which have take place via social media using the hashtags #DENCodingChallenge and #DENWritingChallenge.
DEN Social Media Specialist remit:
The part-time position of Social Media Specialist/Advocate was developed by the Network in 2015, under DEN Theme 1: Sharing Good Practice.
Jennifer’s role as DEN Social Media Specialist/Advocate is to:
- Manage the DEN social media accounts (on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram) and associated communications/content, and increase the DEN community’s engagement with social media for the benefit of CDT students/staff.
- Develop rich and innovative social media content which showcases the activities of the Network.
- Deliver social media training events and workshops for the Network’s member CDTs and national DEN events.
- Provide expertise and advice on relevant social media platforms, current applications and emerging trends which are relevant to digital economy research.
- Provide social media coverage and support to key Digital Economy Network events such as the annual Digital Economy Summer School, entrepreneurial workshops, DEN Annual Meetings, Writing Retreats and CDT student-led collaborative events.
- Champion, document and share social media best practice across the Network.
Please do get in touch with Jennifer if you are a CDT student or member of staff from a DEN CDT and would like to receive advice or discuss how social media expertise can help your CDT or raise the academic profiles of CDT researchers in the digital economy.