Apply for DEN funding: Ongoing open call
Current CDT/PhD/EngD students and Early Career Researchers within the Digital Economy Network are able to bid for DEN funding on an ongoing basis, to support collaborative activities within the five themes listed below.
Ideas must demonstrate how they add value to the DEN community above and beyond provision that is already delivered via their CDT.
- Theme 1: Sharing Best Practice – DEN organises events key events for this theme each year such as the Annual Meeting.
- Theme 2: Large Scale Shared Events e.g. To develop new and bespoke national and international conferences, symposiums, residential Summer Schools, Hackathons. The annual Digital Economy Summer School is funded from this theme.
- Theme 3: Sustainable Impact e.g. entrepreneurial competitions, knowledge transfer activities, industry mentoring, Digital Economy YES related events.
- Theme 4: New Collaborative Initiatives -e.g. New bespoke cross-CDT themed events/workshops focusing on a particular research area or theme that engage students from across the network, or specific CDTs/Research Groups. Can also apply to run ‘fringe’ events at established conferences.
- Theme 5: Community Outreach and Dissemination – e.g. Public engagement events, digital research outreach workshops, Digital Shoreditch, public festivals and faires.
Unfortunately DEN is unable to fund individual delegate registration fees for already established annual conferences.
Specific and theme-focused DEN ‘Calls for Collaboration’ may also be released at various times, providing details of how much money is available and how to apply. We anticipate that there will be at least one call for collaboration in each theme area every year but this will vary depending on resources and other commitments.
How to register interest in applying for DEN funding
If you have a great idea for a potential DEN activity or event, then please contact the Digital Economy Network Manager, Felicia Black at firstname.lastname@example.org in the first instance. We accept applications for DEN funding on an ongoing basis.
You can download the two-page DEN Application for Activity Funding form as a pdf, or request this in Word format from the DEN Manager.
The Digital Economy Network puts equality, diversity and inclusion (EDI) at the heart of all its activities, and we expect our events to accommodate and attract a diverse group of participants as possible. In particular, we ask all DEN events to demonstrate that they have considered EDI in their planning and design, particularly in considering membership of panels or invitations to keynote speakers.