The Digital Economy Network (DEN) is a national network supporting activities of postgraduate research students and Centres for Doctoral Training (CDTs) within the Research Councils UK Digital Economy theme. DEN has 11 member EPSRC CDTs.
DEN aims to:
- Provide a forum for sharing best practice in CDT delivery and develop a repository of expertise in this area
- Enhance the student experience by providing practical and financial support for national shared events for Digital Economy research students
- Increase the impact of postgraduate research in the digital economy by delivering high impact events and specialist entrepreneurial training
- Develop specialist skills through collaborative events
- Support outreach activities from individuals and groups of students.
The Digital Economy Network was formally launched at an event for the DEN community held at The University of Nottingham on 29 January 2014, with the official start date of DEN being 1 April 2014. DEN is funded by the EPSRC until 31 March 2019.
DEN puts equality, diversity and inclusion at the heart of all its activities, and we expect our events to accommodate and attract a diverse group of participants as possible.