The Digital Economy Network held it’s fifth two-day writing retreat on 7-8 March at the New Bath Hotel in Matlock Bath, located on the edge of the Peak District.
35 CDT and PhD students from across nine EPSRC Centres for Doctoral Training (CDTs) and University digital economy research groups attended the fully-subscribed residential event, which was held on the edge of the Peak District.
Although in a scenic setting, the Derbyshire-based venue was very easily accessible by train, with Matlock Bath train station being less than 1 mile away. PhD students travelled from as far as Newcastle and Southampton to attend the retreat.
Delegates used the retreat programme to focus on a variety of research writing priorities including thesis corrections, draft journal papers, Researchfish submissions and conference papers.
PhD students from the following nine EPSRC CDTs attended:
- Cloud Computing CDT – Newcastle University
- Digital Civics CDT – Newcastle University
- Embedded Intelligence CDT – Loughborough University
- Financial Computing CDT – University College London
- Healthcare Innovation – University of Oxford
- HighWire CDT – Lancaster University
- Horizon CDT – University of Nottingham
- Media & Arts Technology CDT – Queen Mary University of London
- Web Science CDT – University of Southampton.
The Network will host it’s next two-day writing retreat at Thrumpton Hall in Nottingham on 24-25 April 2018, with two further retreats planned for May and June.