The Digital Economy Network (DEN) held a two day event at the Digital Catapult Centre in London on 1-2 February 2018 , which over 75 CDT staff, students, alumni and Network collaborators attended.
Over the two days, over 75 doctoral students and staff from the DEN member Centres for Doctoral Training (CDTs), along with representatives from the EPSRC and Digital Catapult, participated in the following programme of activities:
- The one -day DEN Annual Meeting for CDT staff, students, key collaborators and the EPSRC as funders of the Network.
- A DEN CDT Directors Meeting to discuss current and future collaborations, and relevant EPSRC calls.
- A CDT table-top showcase where delegates could experience a flavour of the multidisciplinary research that is taking place within the DEN EPSRC-funded CDTs.
- An evening networking reception, which commenced with three short talks by CDT students from three different Centres for Doctoral Training across the Network.
- A one-day CDT Careers Symposium featuring talks from CDT alumni who had progressed to positions in academia, industry or had founded/co-founded their own start-ups.
- At the start of Day 1 Professor Sarah Sharples delivered a DEN update presentation to delegates on recent events and activities that had been initiated and supported by the Network.
- John Baird, Research Councils UK Digital Economy Theme Lead at the EPSRC delivered a theme update to attendees.
- Mike Board, Project Manager at the Centre for Digital Entertainment at Bournemouth University, outlined the initial plans for the DE Summer School 2018, which will take place on 1-3 July in Poole, Dorset.
- Rosie Bellini, Janis Meissner, Cat Morgan, Sean Peacock and Angelika Strohmayer, CDT Students gave an update on the Digital Economy Diversity Network meetings that had been held so far, hosted by the Digital Civics CDT at Newcastle University, and the Web Science CDT at the University of Southampton.