The fourth DEN Annual Meeting was held at the Digital Catapult Centre in London on 1 February, and was attended by over 65 people from the DEN community. The attendees were made up of a great combination of Digital Economy CDT staff, students, EPSRC colleagues and Digital Catapult contacts, with almost all DEN EPSRC Centres for Doctoral Training represented.
The IET President, Professor Jeremy Watson of UCL, was also able to join us and contribute to interactive group workshops, and we are now looking to work in collaboration wih the IET for future DEN activities and events.
Presentations were delivered from:
- Professor Sarah Sharples, DEN Director, University of Nottingham – DEN Update
- John Baird, Lead – Digital Economy Theme, EPSRC
- Donna Palmer, CDT in Embedded Intelligence, Loughborough University – DE Summer School 2017 planning presentation
- Louise Mullagh, CDT Student, HighWire CDT, Lancaster University – Ten go to Tiree
- Daniela Di Angeli, EngD Student, Centre for Digital Entertainment, Bath – DiMEA Workshop presentation – taking place in October 2017
- Anat Elhalal, Head of Technology, Digital Catapult Centre
Particular topics of interest and discussion included:
- Equality, diversity and inclusion and the development of a DEN ED&I framework via a workshop.
- Plans for the Digital Economy Summer School 2017.
- DEN event planning for 2017 including a policy lab, future-scaping activities, film making workshops, privacy and trust event, public engagement activities and digital entreprenuerial event.
More details of the DEN Annual Meeting and it’s outcomes will be posted here very shortly.
Felicia Black -DEN Manager