Welcome to the Digital Economy Network
The Digital Economy Network (DEN) is a national network of 11 EPSRC-supported Centres for Doctoral Training (CDTs), which is supported by the UK Research and Innovation (UKRI) Digital Economy Theme.
DEN has been funded since 1 April 2014 over a five-year period to provide training and development activities for students who are studying within the Digital Economy. Whilst we focus our activities on the critical mass of students who are based within CDTs, it is not compulsory for students to be based within CDTs to engage in DEN events.
Activities are delivered around five key themes, and the Network’s objectives are:
- To provide a forum for sharing best practice in CDT delivery and develop a repository of expertise in this area
- to enhance the student experience by providing practical and financial support for national shared events for Digital Economy research students
- to increase the impact of postgraduate research in the digital economy by delivering high impact events and specialist entrepreneurial training
- to develop specialist skills through collaborative events
- to support public engagement and research outreach activities from individuals and groups of students.
DEN was formally launched at an event held for the DEN community at the University of Nottingham on 29 January 2014, with Network officially commencing on 1 April 2014. DEN is funded by the EPSRC until 30 September 2019, under grant reference EP/L011891/1.
The Network puts equality, diversity and inclusion at the heart of all its activities, and we expect our events to accommodate and attract a diverse group of participants as possible.