The Digital Economy Network (DEN) is a national network of EPSRC-funded Centres for Doctoral Training (CDTs) within the UK Research and Innovation (UKRI) Digital Economy theme. DEN provides and supports training and development activities for postgraduate research students.
DEN is funded by the EPSRC and currently has 11 member EPSRC CDTs . The aims and objectives of the Network are:
- To provide a forum for sharing best practice in CDT delivery and develop a repository of expertise in this area
- to enhance the student experience by providing practical and financial support for national shared events for Digital Economy research students
- to increase the impact of postgraduate research in the digital economy by delivering high impact events and specialist entrepreneurial training
- to develop specialist skills through collaborative events
- to support public engagement and research outreach activities from individuals and groups of students.
The Network was formally launched at an event held for the DEN community at the University of Nottingham on 29 January 2014, with Network officially commencing on 1 April 2014. DEN is funded by the EPSRC until 30 September 2019, under grant reference EP/L011891/1.
DEN puts equality, diversity and inclusion at the heart of all its activities, and we expect our events to accommodate and attract a diverse group of participants as possible.